Be part of an elite group of cyber scholars.
The Cyber Corps Scholarship Program awards high-achieving, driven students in security degree programs following their sophomore year at DSU. The program is funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation with around 10 new students awarded per year.
Recipients in this program can, by application, also become part of the 4+1 program, which allows you to graduate with your bachelor’s and master’s degree in 5 years. If you are interested in Cyber Operations, Network and Security Administration or Computer Science degree programs, you may be eligible for this exclusive scholarship.
Our Cyber Corps graduates go on to secure some pretty impressive careers at National Security Agency (NSA), The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab (APL), Navy SPAWAR (Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command), Sandia National Laboratory, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, State of South Dakota Bureau of Information and Telecommunications (BIT) and various universities.
Once awarded, recipients receive (annually):
- 100% tuition and fees covered
- $22,500 (undergraduate) to $34,000 (graduate) stipend
- $4,000 in professional development funding
- $2,000 for books and supplies
- Paid summer internship
- Guaranteed security job following graduation in federal, state, local or tribal government.
You can also renew this scholarship for up to 3 years.
- United States citizen
- Full-time on-campus student at the time of application
- Maintain a 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Willing to earn bachelor’s and master’s degrees at DSU
- Complete a summer internship at a government agency
- Work for an agency after graduation one year for every one year in the DSU Cyber Corps