The following academic support options are funded through a Title III grant from the Department of Education.
What is Title III?
In 2016, the University received a grant from the DoE as a part of their Strengthening Institutions (Title III) program. The following programs are a part of the new Academic Support department at DSU.
- Increase academic success in high-risk gateway and major’s courses (defined as courses having success rates of less than 75%; success rates = C or higher)
- Increase student timely degree completion with individualized support resources. Low degree completion with 150% of time compared to peers (Baseline = 41%; Goal = 55%)
- Reduce loss of enrollment revenue by retaining more students to the second year. Low first year to second year retention compared to peers (Baseline = 64.9%; Goal = 75%)
- Individualized Student Coaching provided by professional advisors & student peer coaches;
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) sessions for high-risk gateway and majors courses;
- Expanded Learning Assistance in the DSU Writing Center to support writing, reading and reasoning skills for all undergraduate students
Schedules are developed based on a survey of student availability in the first week of classes. More information will be posted in early January. Until then, please email email@example.com for academic assistance.