I want to transfer to DSU! Help me out.
People transfer to DSU for lots of different reasons—because our academic programs are infused with technology, because our tuition is affordable and our job placement rates are high, or simply because our faculty actually cares.
Here’s what we need from you:
If you have more than 24 semester credits or more, you are eligible for admission if you meet both of the standards below:
- You have a cumulative college GPA of 2.0 or higher
- You are in good standing with your most recently attended school
If you have fewer than 24 semester credits, you’ll also need to meet our freshman admission requirements.
If your GPA is lower than 2.0 GPA, you may be admitted on probation, which we consider on an individual basis.
Will my courses transfer to DSU?
Our Transfer Equivalency Calculator is a great tool for discovering how much of your previous coursework will transfer to DSU. Though the calculator gives you a good estimate of which courses will transfer, an official transcript evaluation must be completed to determine exactly which courses will transfer to DSU.
In order for you to receive timely information, please have all of your official transcripts sent directly to:
820 N. Washington Ave.
Madison, SD 57042
Once you do this, contact the appropriate representative to request that a transfer credit evaluation be completed.
- If you plan to take classes on our Madison, SD, campus, your contact is our campus Transfer Coordinator, whom you can reach by calling 1-888-378-9988.
- If you’re transferring to the University Center - Sioux Falls, call (605) 367-5640.
- If you plan to take classes online, please contact our Distance and Online Learning department at (605) 256-5049.
Your results can be mailed to you or will be available when you register for classes.
Make sure DSU's school code is on your FAFSA - 003463. Financial aid award letter packets are mailed after we have valid FAFSA results, and you are accepted for admission.