Get the extra financial help you need.
There are more scholarships out there than most folks know what to do with. So we’ve decided to help curate some of the best into an easy-to-peruse list. We update it often, so please check back regularly!
Deadline: Monthly rolling deadline
- Be legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are are least 16 years old at the time of entry
- Monthly $1000 giveaway, designed to help students pay for their higher-education expenses
- Every Month a new scholarship will be announced with a winner selected randomly from the entrants
Application: To Apply visit https://www.campusexplorer.com/campus-explorer-scholarships/
Deadline: March 31, 2017
All Applicants must self-report:
- Membership in a US Federally-recognized Tribe (or ¼ verifiable descent of multiple US Federally-recognized tribes)
- Intention to enroll full-time as a degree-seeking student attending a public or private non-profit institutions (without exception)
- A qualifying GPA, as listed in OASIS, for the selected academic level (vocational, undergraduate, graduate) Priority will be given to applicants demonstrating overall academic excellence
- Provide contact information for an individual that can attest to academic history, ability and promise
- Provide contact information for an individual who can attest to continued community engagement
Application: For more information and to apply visit http://cobellscholar.org/
- Descendant of a Vietnam Veteran
- Must be attending a college, university, or technical school in South Dakota
- student needs to provide proof of their relationship to the South Dakota Vietnam Veteran
- A copy of the Veterans military record
- Letters from two references outside of the family
- Submit a transcript for Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior years plus a list of Senior subjects and a summary of community service activities in your school, church, community, and family
- An essay of 200 words or less on “What impact the Vietnam War has had on American History”
Application: To Apply Contact, Mary Chilton Chapter NSDAR 520 S First Ave Sioux Falls, SD 57104 Telephone: 605-271-2595 or Email:DAR@midconetwork.com
Amount: (5) $1000 scholarships
Deadline: December 31, 2017
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program in the United States
- Must be 18 years old or older and in good academic standing
Application: For more information and to apply visit https://docutap.com/company/docutap-scholarship-program
- Must be a resident of Lake County
- Must have completed at least 1 semester of college
- Must be currently enrolled as a full time student in at least 12 credit hours
Application: Send a resume including name, age, and name and residence of parents, extracurricular activities, goals, and work experience, names and addresses of 2 references, and a college transcript to Sandy Anderson 47515 255th ST Renner, SD 57055
Amount: (2) $1000
Deadline: July 1st, 2017
- One scholarship will be awarded to a A.S. clinical student in Sioux Falls and the other to an A.S. clinical student in Rapid city
- The application and letter of reference must be returned to Bruce Feistner by July 1st
- References must not come from the respiratory care faculty or immediate family members
Amount: 1-$500 to high-school senior and 1- $1000 to currently enrolled undergraduate student
Deadline: July 1, 2017
- Graduating high school seniors or undergraduate college students must be in good standing
- Be between the ages of 16 and 21
- Planning to or currently enrolled full or part time
- United States Citizen or legal resident
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
Application: For more information and to apply visit https://scottalanturner.com/personal-finance-scholarship/
Deadline: April 30th, 2017
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program for the 17-18 academic year or a high school senior 17 or older
- Enrolled in a degree program in the STEM field
- Proposal of intent, this can include current or future project, desired field of study (this is limited to 4000 characters including spaces, minimum of 250 words)
Application: For more information and to apply visit https://www.labroots.com/scholarships/details/1
Deadline: March 31st, 2017
- This scholarship is intended to encourage and help students entering the field of education in the area of mathematics, computer science and STEM.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must currently be accepted into a South Dakota university education program preparing to teach in middle/secondary schools.
- The selection of the recipient(s) will be made by the Scholarship Committee of BHSP, basing its decision on the scholastic achievement and leadership ability of the applicant.
- The (1) application, along with (2) letters of recommendation from instructors at your university, should be mail by March 31, 2017 to the following address.
Del Beck, Treasurer
2016 West Flormann St.
Rapid City, South Dakota 57702
- Finalist(s) will be notified by letter in April.
- The money will be sent to the university business office and will be available for the finalist’s next school year.
- If the finalist does not return to school in the fall, the scholarship shall be nullified. If the reason is an emergency, the BHSP will determine the validity.
Application: For application please contact Jill Corbin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: March 31st, 2017 (extended from March 1st)
- Student must be entering into or be in the last year of an accredited respiratory care program
- Student must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Must demonstrate an aptitude for serving those afflicted with lung disease, as well as a commitment to the respiratory care profession
- Student will exhibit community service, preferable in healthcare related organizations including but not limited to the SDSRC, American Association for Respiratory Care, American Lung Association, American Heart Association, COPD Foundation, American Cancer Society, American Red Cross, or other medical related organizations.
- Must submit the completed application form including all required inclusions to the SDSRC President by March 31st (extended from March 1st)
Application: For application visit http://sdsrc.org/scholarships.html