You are on your way to becoming a DSU Trojan. You've signed up for registration and a mini orientation of DSU. Check that off your list!
You can review the information below that will help you with things like what you need to complete your admissions file, financial aid and a few other items.
As always, if you have any questions, you can call or email admissions or the appropriate department listed below.
These items will need to be sent to complete your admission file:
- Official high school transcript
- Official college transcripts (not required if courses were taken from any public university in South Dakota)
- ACT and/or SAT scores
- Advanced Placement (AP) exam scores
- Immunization – Two doses of MMR are required for on-campus students
DSU Office of Admission
- Dual credit is accepted from all public universities in South Dakota and from a limited number of other colleges in the state and the surrounding region.
- Communicate with your advisor about any dual credit courses you have completed or are currently taking.
- Request that official transcripts from those college be sent to DSU in order for credits to be recorded on your DSU transcript (not necessary to request from other public universities in South Dakota as we will have access to that information).
- Send your AP score results to DSU in order to receive college credit.
- Credit by Examination (CLEP):
- CLEP exams may earn you college credit for a particular course if you achieve the minimum required score. CLEP exams are administered at DSU.
- Departmental Credit by Examination may be available for those subjects not covered by alternative methods.
DSU Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment (Testing Services)
Financial Aid Award Letter
- Apply for federal financial aid by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Your financial aid award letter will arrive in the mail and will include:
- Award letter
- Financial Aid Award Guide
- Steps to Complete Financial Aid Award
- Read the award letter carefully and accept or reject each type of aid awarded. Return completed award letter to the financial aid office.
- Eligibility for financial aid varies by family income and assets and so what you have been awarded may not cover the balance due. Consider additional financing options outlined in the Financial Aid Award Guide (PDF).
Financial Aid Disbursement
- Federal financial aid, DSU Foundation scholarship funds, and state scholarship funds will be disbursed to your account electronically at the beginning of each semester.
- The disbursement of private scholarship funds or outside grants is controlled by the donor or outside agency. Students may request a temporary deferral of payment of these funds to the student account if the award is documented.
- If you have applied to more than one public university in South Dakota, you will need to decide from which university you will enroll and receive your degree.
- You will be sent a notice via your DSU email account requesting that you commit to one university.
- Commitment is required for financial aid to be applied to your tuition and fee charges.
DSU Office of Financial Aid
We like to celebrate our students' accomplishments by sharing news such as honors lists, induction into honor societies, graduation and other events with your hometown newspaper. To help us better communicate the news with your family's favorite paper, we would appreciate if you could provide the info by clicking the link below.
We would also like your parent/guardian information, to keep them informed on the latest DSU news and happenings through newsletters and emails. We will not use parent/guardian information in public news releases, these are for our own records.
DSU Marketing & PR
- Roommate assignments will be delivered to your DSU email account.
- You may request a specific roommate but it must be a mutual request by both people..
- Contact your roommate to make that first connection and to coordinate room furnishings.
- What to Bring/What Not to Bring List
- Move-in Day for new students for Fall 2018 is Friday, August 17.
- You will receive your University ID Card, room key, parking pass, and mailbox with combination at the hall check-in table.
DSU Residence Life
Your DSU Meal Plan includes:
- Residential dining in the Marketplace – All You Care to Eat
- Meal Plan Flex – Einstein Bros. Bagels, C-Store, vending, and concession stands in addition to the Marketplace
Meal Plan access/funding is non-transferrable from semester to semester.
Meal Plan Flex funds are transferrable from the fall to spring semesters but not from year to year.
DSU Dining Services