About the College of BIS
Our programs are focused on preparing students for career employment as managers and technical experts. They are nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), an organization whose members focus on quality teaching and scholarship.
Business majors at Dakota State include:
- Accounting/ Professional Accountancy
- Management (Bachelors and Associates degrees)
- Management Information Systems
- Business Education
Faculty in the College mentor several University-wide clubs, including:
- S.I.F.E. -- Students In Free Enterprise provides experiences and skill-building in market economics, ethics, success skills, financial literacy, and entrepreneurship.
- P.B.L. -- Phi Beta Lambda the college-level of Future Business Leaders of America, provides opportunities for students to develop their leadership potential, demonstrate their academic excellence, and provide service at all levels - to DSU, Madison, and beyond.
- Delta Mu Delta -- A national honor society established to recognize and reward scholastic achievement in business administration and promote higher scholastic training for business. To join Delta Mu Delta, students must complete 64 credits in business administration with a 3.2 gpa or above.
Computing and Information Sciences
The Computing and Information Sciences programs here at DSU are dedicated to ensuring that out students majors get the education they need to prepare them for the world. Consider the ACM's top 10 Reasons to Major in Computing
Clubs and organizations are a big part of computing at DSU, including:
Our faculty also maintain an Advanced Computer Technology Lab (aka dsunix) and an Information Assurance Lab where students can test advanced security tools in a safe environment. For more in-depth information about our clubs, faculty, or majors please use the links provided to navigate to the appropriate page.