Congratulations! You will soon achieve a milestone in your life when you graduate from Dakota State University at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, December 9, at the DSU Fieldhouse. The following information is provided to ensure that you and your family have an enjoyable day.
Regalia is ordered through the Trojan Center Bookstore at this link: http://www.cbgrad.com/school/DAKSU. The last day to order your regalia is Sunday, November 19, 2017.
- Associate’s Apparel Unit includes: black cap, gown, tassel, year tab
- Bachelor’s Apparel Unit includes: black cap, gown, tassel, year tab
- Master’s Apparel Unit includes: black cap, Master sleeve gown, hood, year tab
- A hood is required to participate in the special master’s hooding ceremony at the Dakota Prairie Playhouse.
- Doctoral Apparel Unit includes: black cap, gown with velvet chevrons, tassel, hood, year tab
- A hood is required to participate in the doctorate hooding ceremony at commencement.
- Custom regalia is available through the Trojan Center Bookstore. The deadline to order is Saturday, October 28.
- Graduation announcements can be ordered through the Trojan Center Bookstore at this link: http://www.cbgrad.com/school/DAKSU
- Diploma frames can be ordered through the Trojan Center Bookstore.
- If you are interested in ordering a class ring or other jewelry, please contact the DSU Bookstore.
- Legacy Cords. Do you have a family member who is a DSU Alumni? Please complete this section of the survey so you can be recognized at commencement. For more information about this new tradition, please contact the DSU Alumni Office.
- International Stoles. Please contact the International Programs Office for more information.
- General Bleacher Seating. No tickets are required to attend the ceremony.
- Special Accommodation Seating. Tickets are required for special accommodation floor seating. To request floor seating tickets or to notify us of special needs (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, canes, vision or hearing impairment, etc.) that we need to accommodate in our planning, please complete the survey referenced above as soon as possible.
- Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 605) 256-5666.
A commencement rehearsal will be held on Friday, December 8, at 4:15 p.m. at the DSU Fieldhouse. You are encouraged to attend this practice session so you will be familiar with:
- the location where graduates meet,
- the line of march,
- and the procedures for the ceremony.
For the benefit of our master’s and doctoral graduates, we will also quickly walk through the hooding procedure.
For your convenience, the Trojan Center Bookstore will remain open until 6 p.m. on Friday, December 8.
A special hooding ceremony to honor our master’s graduates will be held at the Dakota Prairie Playhouse Convention Center at 9:00 a.m. Please arrive at the Dakota Prairie Playhouse dressed in your regalia by 8:30 a.m.
The commencement march will begin promptly at 10:30 a.m. and the Fieldhouse doors will open at 9:30 a.m. to allow guests to be seated. The ceremony will last approximately 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Graduates, please arrive at the Madison Community Center double gym dressed in your regalia by 9:45 a.m.
- Please do not leave purses or anything of value in the Madison Community Center double gym as it will not be staffed during the ceremony. DSU/MCC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
A professional photographer will take photos of each graduate. Photos may be purchased directly from the Lifetouch Special Events. Guests may take their own photographs during the ceremony, but must remain outside of the candidate seating area, in order to ensure an enjoyable ceremony for all candidates. Guests will have time after the ceremony to take personal photographs on the stage, near the commencement flags and other spots within and around the DSU Fieldhouse.
The Graduates’ Reception will be held at the Dakota Prairie Playhouse Convention Center immediately following the commencement ceremony. This reception is intended to provide an opportunity for you to relax and visit with family, classmates, and DSU faculty/staff while enjoying cake and punch.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
Parking is available along Washington Avenue, in the lot north of the Dakota Prairie Playhouse and in the gravel lot directly west of the Fieldhouse.