Many different outside scholarship opportunities are available. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Scholarships@dsu.edu.
Please check this page regularly for updated scholarship opportunities!
Amount: Two $2,500
Deadline: June 1st for August Award and November 1st for January Award
- Applicant shall be at least 17 years of age and be accepted to and/or attending a full- time higher education program at an accredited institution of learning.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA based on the previous year's academic performance.
- 1,000 Word Essay – Write an essay of 1,000 words or less on the topic "How internet marketing has changed the world of business." Although not mandatory, we encourage you to publish your article online.
- Outline of Career Objectives – In 500 words or less, describe your career objectives and how online marketing fits into your goals. Explain how this scholarship will help you achieve your academic and career pursuits. Consideration will be given to those who show an understanding of the connection between publishing content and online marketing
- Fill Out and Submit the Online Application
Application: For more information and/or to apply go to: http://www.vacationroost.com/about-us/community/scholarships
Campus Explorer Exclusive Scholarships
Deadline: Monthly rolling deadline
- Be legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are are least 16 years old at the time of entry
- Monthly $1000 giveaway, designed to help students pay for their higher-education expenses
- Every Month a new scholarship will be announced with a winner selected randomly from the entrants
Application: To Apply visit https://www.campusexplorer.com/campus-explorer-scholarships/
America's Best Blogging Scholarship
- Pick your favorite presidential candidate
- In 300 words or less, tell us why that candidate has your vote
Application: To Apply, visit http://yourlocalsecurity.com/scholarship
Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation Scholarships – Year round opportunities year review periodically
Award: Varies $500 - $2500
Deadline: Throughout the year based upon the specific scholarship administered by the Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation
- Varies based upon major, residence, year in college or may include involvements
- Visit the site for more information
Application: To Apply, visit the main Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation and link to the scholarships based upon your qualifications http://www.sfacf.org/ScholarshipDetails.aspx?CategoryID=6
The Alert Scholarship - ALERT - The drug and alcohol abuse prevention magazine by Golden West Publications
Deadline: Open until awarded
- You must currently be a high school senior, and your high school must be located in the following states:
- South Dakota, Alaska, Colorado,Idaho, Minnesota, North Dakota, Oregon, Washington, or Wyoming
- You must have a grade point average of 2.5
- You must have plans to attend college and the college can be in any state
- You must have a grade point average of 2.5
- Essay = 650 – 800 words on drug and alcohol abuse prevention
Application: For more information and/or to apply go to: http://alertmagazine.org/scholarship.php
P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education Grant
Amount: Up to $3000
- Female, continuing student in the United States or Canada
- Has had at least 24 consecutive months as a non-student sometime in her adult life
- Within 24 months of completing her educational goal
- Must be sponsored by a P.E.O. organization, if you don't have one, please contact the DSU Scholarship Office
Application: To Apply, visit http://www.peointernational.org/peo-projectsphilanthropies
Mary Chilton Chapter: National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
- Descendant of a Vietnam Veteran
- Must be attending a college, university, or technical school in South Dakota
- student needs to provide proof of their relationship to the South Dakota Vietnam Veteran
- A copy of the Veterans military record
- Letters from two references outside of the family
- Submit a transcript for Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior years plus a list of Senior subjects and a summary of community service activities in your school, church, community, and family
- An essay of 200 words or less on “What impact the Vietnam War has had on American History”
Application: To Apply Contact, Mary Chilton Chapter NSDAR 520 S First Ave Sioux Falls, SD 57104 Telephone: 605-271-2595 or Email:DAR@midconetwork.com
American Bullion Scholarship
Amount: (10) $250
Deadline: January 1, 2015
- Scholarship essay must be a minimum of 500 works, maximum of 2,000 words
- Applicant must be currently enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university within the United States
- Applicant must be a legal resident of the United States or hold a valid U.S. student visa
- One submission per person
- Essays that fail to meet the above requirements will be disregarded
- Winners may have their essay featured on the American Bullion website, Facebook page, and blog.
Application: For more information and to apply go to http://www.americanbullion.com/scholarship/ , complete the form provided and include the 500 – 2,000 word essay answering the question “Why is gold a good investment for future generations?”
Mosaic Clinic Hair Transplant Center Educational Scholarship
Deadline: August 30, 2015
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in the United States
- Must be a legal resident of the United States
- Applicants will need to mail in a resume and a 500 word essay
Application: Resume and a 500 word essay on how you or a family member, have been affected by hair loss. The thinning hair story can include details about the restoration journey. For more information go to http://www.hairphysician.com/scholarship.html.
Dry Defender Protect Your Bed Scholarship
Deadline: June 30, 2015
- Open to college freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students
- Applicant must be a legal US resident
- Depending your creative piece, you can email the piece itself or pictures of it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information, school year, college acceptance letter or transcript, and a brief explanation of who Dry Defender’s nemesis is.
- If you choose to, you can send a physical creative piece to: Just Health Shops, 11840 West Market Place Suite H, Fulton, MD 20759
Application: Come up with an arch-nemesis for the Dry Defender, and make some type of creative piece of Dry Defender and his nemesis facing of. For more information and/or to apply go to: http://protectivebedding.com/dry-defender-protect-your-bed-scholarship
Amount: 2 to 3 awards ranging from $750 to $1500
Deadline: January 15, 2015
- Preference will be given to South Dakota residents intending to or are enrolled at a South Dakota institution of higher learning, vocational school or other post-secondary trade school
- High School Seniors are eligible to apply
- Part-time studies will be considered if applicant can show good cause for other than full-time enrollment and that the course of study is directed toward a degree, certificate or similar identification of graduation
- Students who have received an SDSWMA scholarship in the past are eligible to apply each year
- Children and spouses of Scholarship Committee members are not eligible
Application: For more information and to apply go to www.sdswma.org
EverSpark Interactive JJ Hennessey Honorary Epilepsy Scholarship
Deadline: July 31st, 2015
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in or have been accepted to an accredited college or university
- Applicant must have been diagnosed with epilepsy (any form)
- Applicant must have a minimum 2.8 GPA
- Applicant must submit an official copy of their transcript, an application form, and a video essay no longer than 2 minutes one of these topics:
- Tell us About a time that epilepsy created an obstacle or special challenge and how you overcame it.
- How has living with epilepsy affected your goals and dreams for the future?
- How did you learn to accept your epilepsy and how has this acceptance changed you?
Application: To apply and for more information go to http://www.eversparkinteractive.com/honorary-epilepsy-scholarship/
SME Sioux Falls
Amount: Past Awards $1000 to $4000
Deadline: February 6, 2015
- Be currently be enrolled at one of the institutions of higher learning of South Dakota
- Be a current undergraduate student and use any awards received for undergraduate education
- Be pursuing a major and degree that would adequately prepare the student for a career in business management, sales, or marketing related field.
- Agree to use the award during the semester/year following the award.
- If selected as a finalist, be available to make an oral presentation on April 22, 2015 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and to receive the awarded scholarship that same evening in Sioux Falls.
Application: Must submit a completed application form, a completed scholarship questionnaire regarding your understanding of sales and marketing, a resume which includes career employment objective, leadership experience, and education, a letter of professional reference, and a copy of your “Official” college or university transcript. For application and more information visit Jill Corbin in the Financial Aid Office, or go online to http://www.smesiouxfalls.org/Student-Programs/Scholarship-Application-Criteria.