Admission Requirements for Information Technology Certificate
The program is designed for any graduate student who wants to advance their education in information technology in financial services.
The ideal candidate for the Information Technology certificate program is a(n):
- Non-IT professional who is beginning to take on IT responsibilities
- IT professional who is looking to advance their education in the field
- Information Security Officer who is looking for advanced education in information technology
Students with technology-based undergraduate degrees in Information Systems (or related technology degree) are good candidates for this certificate program.
- A non-refundable application fee of $35, drawn on a U.S. bank, must accompany the form. The check should be made payable to Dakota State University. If the application fee is not included, the application will not be processed. The application fee cannot be waived or deferred and is non-refundable.
- Baccalaureate degree from an institution of higher education with full regional accreditation for that degree.
- Official transcripts should be mailed directly to the Graduate Office in a sealed envelope. The registrar's signature and the school seal must be across the sealed flap. Neither photocopies nor transcripts marked "student copy" are acceptable. If you have received your degree from a South Dakota Regental institution, you will not need to submit an official transcript from that university.
- Completed Graduate Certificate Application.
Applications must be received by August 15th for the fall semester; November 15th for the spring semester; April 15th for the summer semester.