Everything you need to succeed.
Each of our graduate programs has its own unique application timelines and admissions requirements, in addition to the overall graduate admissions requirements.
Admission requirements for MBA
Our MBA program admits students in the fall, spring, and summer.
To apply, you need to have one of the following:
- A baccalaureate degree in business administration with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Two years of professional employment, with transcripts from an undergraduate or graduate degree showing a GPA of at least 3.0.
- An undergraduate degree with a satisfactory GMAT or GRE score. This means that either your GMAT score must be 450 with a GMAT score + 200 x your undergraduate GPA > 950, or your minimum GRE score must be 360 verbal and 480 quantitative, with a GRE score + 200 x your undergraduate GPA > 1350.
Please note that your undergraduate degree must be from an institution that is fully accredited for that degree.
If you don’t meet any of these requirements, we may still be able to admit you provisionally. If you don’t have an undergraduate business degree, you may be required to take up to 12 credit hours of foundational courses.
Make sure you send in your application by:
- August 15 for admission for the following fall semester.
- November 15 for admission for the following spring semester.
- April 15 for admission for the following summer semester.
We’d like to point out that the application deadline is subject to change to accommodate available capacity and program needs. Again, we encourage you to submit your application as early as possible.
Our MBA program requires a total of 36 credit hours beyond the baccalaureate. This includes:
- Successful completion of all courses listed on your MBA Plan of Study within the 5-year time limit
- Achievement of a GPA of at least 3.0 (a "B" average), with no more than 6 credit hours of a "C" grade and no grade below a "C" in the courses on your Plan of Study
- Satisfaction of Regental standards for residency, this is satisfied by completing all but a maximum of nine credit hours of your coursework at DSU (distance courses count as "at DSU")
- 27 credit hours of core courses
- 6 credit hours of electives
- 3 credit hours of a capstone course, including a comprehensive exam
Our MBA students who already have an undergraduate business degree usually enroll part-time and complete 18 credits per academic year. They generally take two 3-credit courses in the fall, spring, and summer semesters each year, and graduate within two years.
MBA students who do not already have an undergraduate business degree are often required to take up to 12 additional credits in business fundamentals. If you enroll part-time and complete these additional classes in the first year, you can expect to graduate within three years.