Barrier Free Learning Committee
OFFICE OF RECORD: Student Development Office
ISSUED BY: ADA Coordinator
EFFECTIVE DATE: 5/28/10 (Last Revised 5/21/13) 04-02-00
APPROVED BY: David B. Borofsky
The Barrier-Free Learning Committee will leverage the intellectual, technological, and physical resources of the DSU campus and its offerings to facilitate the following:
- education about the evolving responsibility of providing a barrier-free environment in which to work and learn;
- the pursuit of opportunities to make DSU a regional and national leader in providing the best access for persons with disabilities; and
- the pursuit of the most current information and methods with regard to streamlining pedagogical and technological methodologies, devices, delivery systems, and environments which might otherwise prove an impediment to students, faculty, and staff with disabilities.
Membership of this committee shall consist of one representative from each of the following areas, with the exception that each college will have two faculty representatives:
- Two faculty from each college
- Student Affairs
- Extended Programs
- Instructional Technology
- Web Master
- Sponsored Programs
- University Advancement
- Physical Plant
- ADA coordinator
- One student representative
- One non-campus representative
Members shall be appointed for three-year overlapping terms. Faculty nominations will be forwarded to the President by the deans and Director of Library at the beginning of the fall semester. Non-faculty or shared-duty representatives will be appointed by their respective directors. A student representative and a non-campus representative with expertise in the area of barrier-free learning will be recommended by the ADA coordinator. Records documenting the committee's actions will be maintained in the office of the ADA Coordinator.
A quorum shall consist of five members.
Frequency of Meetings
The Committee meets monthly September through May, and may have special meetings as determined by the Chair.
Members shall serve as chair on a rotational basis.