AIRL Research Projects
Clinical decision support and knowledge management systems
- Investigators: Omar El-Gayar, Surendra Sarnikar, Amit Deokar, and Matthew Wills.
- Key Ideas
- Review, study the state-of-the-art DSS and KM applications in clinical settings, and identify research opportunities in this area.
- Develop tools and techniques to facilitate knowledge management and decision support for practitioners in healthcare.
- Wills, M., Sarnikar, S., El-Gayar, O. F., and Deokar, A. V., “ A multi-perspective analysis of clinical knowledge management literature: Implications for IS research in clinical knowledge management,” (in preparation for Communications of the AIS journal).
- Wills, M., El-Gayar, O. F., and Deokar, A. V. “ Clinical Decision Support Systems (CDSS): Issues and future trends,” in Encyclopedia of Healthcare Information Systems, (Eds.) Wickramasinghe, N., and Geisler, E., Idea Group Inc. (forthcoming, 2008).