AIRL Research Projects
Distributed Model Management
- Investigators: Amit Deokar and Omar El-Gayar.
- Key Ideas:
- Decision models as organizational resources.
- Structuring/capturing semantics in decision models.
- Enabling representation, storage, and retrieval for sharing, reuse, analysis, and composition in distributed settings.
- El-Gayar, O. F., Deokar, A. V., Aljafari, R., and Taskin, N., “On model management as an enabler for service innovation,” (in preparation for Decision Sciences journal).
- Deokar, A. V., and El-Gayar, O. F., “A semantic web services-based architecture for model management systems,” In Proceedings of the 41st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-41 '08), 2008 (accepted).
- El-Gayar, O. F., and Deokar, A. V. “Distributed model management: Current status and future directions,” in Encyclopedia of Decision Making and Decision Support Technologies, (Eds.) Adam, F., and Humphreys, P., Idea Group Inc. (forthcoming, 2008).
- El-Gayar, O.F. (2006). A Service-oriented architecture for distributed decision support systems. Proceeding of the 36th Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute (DSI), November 18-21, 2006, San Antonio, Texas.