Zimmerman Hall, built in 1964 named after a prominent Madison family, is a co-ed hall that accommodates FYRE, First Year Residence Experience, students located on the northeast section of campus. The Zimmerman Hall experience will offer new students the guidance and a living learning community experience with educational and social programming and activities.
Zimmermann Hall Amenities:
The four residence halls on campus are a little different. Each offers a different experience but there are common things that you can anticipate from each hall.
- A nice sized lobby with a big screen television, and lounge couches,
- Vending machines,
- Study/private conversation room,
- Laundry facilities (coin or university card operated)
Student Room Furnishings:
DSU varies from style of rooms, either living in a single or double room, carpet or tile, you will always find:
- Network ready for computer usage (entire hall is wireless)
- Internet, cable, television, local telephone services area all provided as part of a payment of the per semester housing fee.
- 1 extra long twin size bed per person/room.
- 1 desk and chair per person/room.
- Open closets with a 3 drawer chest-of-drawer