Thank you for taking the time to explore Student Affairs. At DSU we have a variety of programs designed to assist our students in achieving their maximum personal growth and academic success. This brochure highlights those programs and some of the opportunities provided through Student Affairs. Your success, satisfaction, and achievement are our highest concern.
At DSU, a successful student:
- Makes regular use of academic support services such as the Student Development Office, Academic Tutors, and the Library
- Takes advantage of career exploration and personal development services such as the Career Services Office, Orientation, and Student Success programs.
- Participates in a wide variety of campus activities such as student clubs and organizations, diversity forums and workshops, intramural athletics, and Residence Hall associations.
- Maintains regular and consistent contact with their academic advisor.
The Division of Student Affairs coexists as an integral part of the educational mission of Dakota State University. It is our intended purpose to provide support services and cutting-edge programs for students as they pursue their personal, professional and academic goals. These programs are directed toward ensuring that all students receive a holistic education through active participation in intellectual, cultural, spiritual, recreational, social and other expressive experiences and opportunities.
This is all accomplished through the various functional units within Student Affairs which include:
- Alcohol & Other Drug Programs
- DSU Bookstore
- Career Services
- Student Development and Academic Support
- Diversity Services
- Food Services
- Financial Aid
- Leadership Programs
- Student Health Services
- Intramural and Recreation Sports
- New Student Orientation
- Residence Life
- Student Activities
- Student Union
- Student Conduct