See the world—and learn from it.
Travel can offer educational opportunities that you’d never find in a classroom. This is why we actively encourage as many of our students as possible to take advantage of our study away opportunities. You’ll get to:
- Become an independent, critical-thinking, and open-minded global citizen
- Develop in-demand intercultural skills
- Set yourself apart from your peers by enhancing the value of your DSU degree, not to mention your resume
- Travel the world, learn a language, and change your life.
We offer three, study away opportunities so that you can find the option that’s right for you.
National Student Exchange (NSE)
We’re a member of the National Student Exchange, along with nearly 200 colleges and universities in the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
This program is a one-academic-year exchange that allows you to take new courses, see new places, and make new friends. (And don’t worry—the credits you earn will fully transfer to DSU.)
We’re also a member of the Magellan Exchange, which is a one-academic-year exchange program that will allow you to take courses abroad in English, learn a new language, and immerse yourself in an entirely new culture.
Over 35 colleges and universities are available to choose from, including institutions in the U.S., Austria, Belgium, Costa Rica, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Mexico, the Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain.
Often, our faculty will lead a short-term international program and invite DSU students along. These programs are great for students who have never traveled internationally before.
Previous trips include:
- The Art of Rome, Florence, and Paris
- London and Paris: Photography program
- Dublin, Ireland: College of Business & Information Systems; Beacom College of Computer & Cyber Sciences
Study abroad scholarships
We want to make sure that all students get a chance to study abroad. To that end, several scholarships are available: