Advising at DSU
As an incoming freshman in the College of Arts & Sciences you will have the opportunity to meet with a Professional Advising Coach and/or one of our four Peer Advising Coaches at Dakota State University. Our advisors can assist you with various parts of your university experience, including:
- registering for classes
- developing organizational skills, effective study habits, and time management strategies
- how and when to contact a learning assistant or tutor
- meeting your professors and the campus community
- finding forms and departments
- applying for graduation
- becoming involved in a club or organization
- locating opportunities for community involvement/volunteering
- getting most out of your syllabus
- planning your program and career
- and much more!
As a part of the University’s Title III program, each year, additional Professional Advisors will be added for all of DSU’s Colleges.
On-Campus Students: Sign-up for an on-campus DSU registration day.
Distance Students: Contact Office of Online Education.
Transfer Students or Adult Learners: Contact DSU’s Office of Admissions.
Currently, Professional Advising is also available in the Beacom College of Computer and Cyber Sciences.
Advising Resources at DSU:
Using WebAdvisor, you can:
- Search and register for classes
- Check grades
- View billing/financial information
- Run a program evaluation
- Print an unofficial transcript
- Buy books
- Change name and address
- Check the academic calendar and final exam schedule
- Apply for graduation
Writing Center - Beadle Hall #112
Supplemental Instruction (SI) - Learning Engagement Center SI Conference Room
Tutoring - Learning Engagement Center
Student Success - Learning Engagement Center
Career Services - Learning Engagement Center
Student Life - Trojan Center