What can we help with?
The DSU Writing Center & Writing Center Online provide reading and writing support to students across a variety of disciplines. From interpreting a course text to finalizing near-complete essays, our Learning Assistants can assist you at any stage of the process. In addition to one-on-one consultations, the Writing Center offers individualized assistance as well as group workshops in reading, study skills, scholarly formatting, research, and a variety of other topics.
Our Learning Assistants are available to meet in person, via Skype, or provide asynchronous feedback on a piece of writing through a D2L dropbox folder.
Location: Beadle Hall 112 and online
Distance students may access these resources through the Writing Center D2L site. Options for distance students include a Skype/Collaborate appointment or asynchronous feedback on a dropbox submission.
Note: Scheduling an appointment through Starfish is required for submissions to the Writing Center Online dropbox.
View how to use D2L to upload your documents needed to work with a Learning Assistant in the Writing Center.
View how to self-register into the D2L page for the online Writing Center.
Writing Center Fall 2018 Schedule
On-campus Location: Beadle Hall 112; Distance students: gain access by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk-In Appointments (available on a first-come, first-serve basis)
- Monday 3:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 10:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday: 4:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Scheduled Appointments (students will use Starfish to make a 1:1 appointment)
- Sunday 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
- Monday 11:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.; 3:00 p.m.- 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday 9:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.; 3:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.; 2:30 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.; 1:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Friday 11:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.; 2:30 p.m.- 4:30 p.m.
• assignment wanting help with printed or on your tablet
• the rubric or guidelines for the assignment
Questions? Contact email@example.com