Dakota State University faculty and staff must adhere to the policies of the State of South Dakota and the South Dakota Board of Regents (SDBOR) in addition to internal university policies. Several policy resources are available on this page to assist faculty/staff. The four primary policy resources governing the university can be found below:
- SDBOR Policy Manual - The Board of Regents has the constitutional responsibility for governing the Unified System of Public Higher Education in South Dakota, which encompasses its supervision, coordination, management, and regulation. The Board sets policy direction for the System, oversees the management of its resources (personnel, facilities, and financial), and establishes and monitors its educational program.
- COHE Agreement - The Council of Higher Education (COHE) is recognized as the exclusive representative of the collective bargaining unit, which is composed of all full-time and regular part-time faculty members.
- DSU Policy Manual - DSU policies are formulated through the participation of faculty, students, Career Service staff, and administrators. All policies must be in compliance with Regental and State rules and regulations and must receive the final approval of the President.
- DSU Faculty/Staff Handbook - This document contains a compilation of various university regulations and procedures governing employees and guiding the working environment of the university.
- Student Appeal Processes - This document explains the grade appeal and the student misconduct appeal processes.