Get the extra financial help you need.
There are more scholarships out there than most folks know what to do with. So we’ve decided to help curate some of the best into an easy-to-peruse list. We update it often, so please check back regularly!
Horatio Alger Denny Sanford Scholarship
Established in 2018, the Horatio Alger Denny Sanford Scholarship is in place to help high school seniors who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their young lives. Potential DSU students can receive $10,000 to be given out through their college career. These students have exhibited determination, integrity, and perseverance in overcoming adversity as well as have critical financial need.
In order to qualify for the Horatio Alger Denny Sanford Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be committed to completing a bachelor’s degree at Dakota State University
- Be a current high school senior with plans to enroll at DSU in Fall 2019
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or less family income required) Must Complete the 2019-20 FAFSA
- Be involved in community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5
- Be a United States citizen
Amount: up to $30,000
Deadline: July 15 each year
- Be a full-time degree seeking student
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate tribal affiliation through the submission of a Tribal Eligibility Certificate
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate financial need through the submission of a Financial Needs form and FAFSA
Application: For more information and to apply visit https://www.aigcs.org/aigc-scholarship-fellowship-opportunities.
Deadline: Monthly rolling deadline
- Be legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are are least 16 years old at the time of entry
- Monthly $1,000 giveaway, designed to help students pay for their higher-education expenses
- Every Month a new scholarship will be announced with a winner selected randomly from the entrants
Application: To Apply visit https://www.campusexplorer.com/campus-explorer-scholarships/
- Must be a full time college student
- Must work at Classic Corner minimum of 20hrs/ wk during school year and minimum of 30hrs /wk during the summer
- Must score average or above on yearly merit reviews and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
After completion of full year the following amounts will be paid out to help w/ tuition. The amounts will be paid directly to the financial aid office and applied to your account. The amount will be paid at the start (Week one) of the following school year. Exception : 4th Year will be paid upon graduation directly to the student.
- Year One : $250
- Year Two : $500
- Year Three : $750
- Year Four : $1000
Note: When applying please reference the tuition assistance program
For More information contact:
Amount: 5 - $1,000 scholarships
Deadline: March 31, 2019
- South Dakota high school senior and plan to attend college for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Every scholarship application will automatically entered into a drawing for a free iPad.
- Application: For more information and to apply visit http://ihelploan.com/blog/sd-mn-scholarship-drawing/.
- Descendant of a Vietnam Veteran
- Must be attending a college, university, or technical school in South Dakota
- student needs to provide proof of their relationship to the South Dakota Vietnam Veteran
- A copy of the Veterans military record
- Letters from two references outside of the family
- Submit a transcript for Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior years plus a list of Senior subjects and a summary of community service activities in your school, church, community, and family
- An essay of 200 words or less on “What impact the Vietnam War has had on American History”
Application: To Apply Contact, Mary Chilton Chapter NSDAR 520 S First Ave Sioux Falls, SD 57104 Telephone: 605-271-2595 or Email:DAR@midconetwork.com
- Must be a resident of Lake County
- Must have completed at least 1 semester of college
- Must be currently enrolled as a full time student in at least 12 credit hours
Application: Send a resume including name, age, and name and residence of parents, extracurricular activities, goals, and work experience, names and addresses of 2 references, and a college transcript to Sandy Anderson 47515 255th ST Renner, SD 57055
Amount: $1000 - $3000
Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Be currently enrolled at one of the institutions of higher learning of South Dakota.
- Be a current undergraduate student and use any awards received for undergraduate education.
- Be pursuing a major and degree that would adequately prepare the student for a career in Business Management, Sales, or Marketing-related field.
- Agree to use the award during the semester/year following the award.
- If selected as a finalist, be available to make an oral presentation on April 16, 2019 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and to receive the awarded scholarship that same day in Sioux Falls.
Application: For more information and to apply visit https://www.smesiouxfalls.org/student-scholarships/.