Get the extra financial help you need.
There are more scholarships out there than most folks know what to do with. So we’ve decided to help curate some of the best into an easy-to-peruse list. We update it often, so please check back regularly!
Amount: up to $30,000
Deadline: July 15 each year
- Be a full-time degree seeking student
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate tribal affiliation through the submission of a Tribal Eligibility Certificate
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate financial need through the submission of a Financial Needs form and FAFSA
Application: For more information and to apply visit https://www.aigcs.org/aigc-scholarship-fellowship-opportunities.
Deadline: Monthly rolling deadline
- Be legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are are least 16 years old at the time of entry
- Monthly $1000 giveaway, designed to help students pay for their higher-education expenses
- Every Month a new scholarship will be announced with a winner selected randomly from the entrants
Application: To Apply visit https://www.campusexplorer.com/campus-explorer-scholarships/
- Descendant of a Vietnam Veteran
- Must be attending a college, university, or technical school in South Dakota
- student needs to provide proof of their relationship to the South Dakota Vietnam Veteran
- A copy of the Veterans military record
- Letters from two references outside of the family
- Submit a transcript for Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior years plus a list of Senior subjects and a summary of community service activities in your school, church, community, and family
- An essay of 200 words or less on “What impact the Vietnam War has had on American History”
Application: To Apply Contact, Mary Chilton Chapter NSDAR 520 S First Ave Sioux Falls, SD 57104 Telephone: 605-271-2595 or Email:DAR@midconetwork.com
- Amount: $500
- Must be a resident of Lake County
- Must have completed at least 1 semester of college
- Must be currently enrolled as a full time student in at least 12 credit hours
Application: Send a resume including name, age, and name and residence of parents, extracurricular activities, goals, and work experience, names and addresses of 2 references, and a college transcript to Sandy Anderson 47515 255th ST Renner, SD 57055
Amount: 5 Scholarships totaling $10,000
Deadline: December 1, 2018
- Be a resident of South Dakota or a relative of an individual employed by a Member Company in good standing of the SDWDA
- Must be a full time student
Application: For more information and to apply visit http://sdwda.org/scholarship.html.
Established in 2018, the Horatio Alger Denny Sanford Scholarship is in place to help high school seniors who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their young lives. Potential DSU students can receive $10,000 to be given out through their college career. These students have exhibited determination, integrity, and perseverance in overcoming adversity as well as have critical financial need.
In order to qualify for the Horatio Alger Denny Sanford Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be committed to completing a bachelor’s degree at Dakota State University
- Be a current high school senior with plans to enroll at DSU in Fall 2019
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or less family income required) Must Complete the 2019-20 FAFSA
- Be involved in community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5
- Be a United States citizen
Amount: Tuition assistance up to $18000 for tuition, fees and books
Deadline: July 31, 2018
- This is financial needs based initiative that offers undergraduate students an unmatched experience in diverse and inclusive environment.
- Undergraduate students, serving as scholarship recipients with the CIA, attend full-time and work during the summer breaks at the CIA.
- Must be 18 years of age or older by the date of application
- Financial need as demonstrated by the gross annual household income ceiling up to $70,000 for a family of four or less, and $80,000 for a family of fiver or more.
- If the applicant has not been listed as a dependent for the previous tax year, the gross annual household income ceiling is $35,000 or less.
- 1000 SAT (new official score scale) or 1500 (old score scale); or 21 ACT scores or higher
- Pursing an undergraduate degree as a full time student enrolled in or planning to take, at least 9 credits per semester
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for high school and/or college
- Availability to work at least two 90-day summer tours prior to graduation and willingness to work at CIA full time after graduation.
Application: For more information and to apply visit https://www.cia.gov/careers/student-opportunities/undergraduate-scholarship-program.html