Scholarships for you.
High school students have several scholarship opportunities available through the Dakota State University Foundation and other outside entities.
- DSU General Scholarships
- Horatio Alger Denny Sanford Scholarship
- South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship
- Dakota Corps Scholarship
- Annis I. Fowler / Kaden Scholarship
The DSU General Scholarships can include but are not limited to: academic, athletic, music and special scholarships for students who meet criteria established by scholarship donors. The deadline to submit your application is March, 1.
Established in 2018, the Horatio Alger Denny Sanford Scholarship is in place to help high school seniors who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their young lives. Potential DSU students can receive $10,000 to be given out through their college career. These students have exhibited determination, integrity, and perseverance in overcoming adversity as well as have critical financial need.
In order to qualify for the Horatio Alger Denny Sanford Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be committed to completing a bachelor’s degree at Dakota State University
- Be a current high school senior with plans to enroll at DSU in Fall 2019
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or less family income required) Must Complete the 2019-20 FAFSA
- Be involved in community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5
- Be a United States citizen
S.D. High School Graduate
If you are graduating from a South Dakota high school, you can apply for the following scholarships:
View a list of scholarships offered by companies not associated with the Dakota State University Foundation.