smiling woman

Is DSU the right fit for you?

Our website can tell you only so much about our beautiful campus and innovative programs. The best way to find out if DSU is right for you is to see for yourself!

Visit Our Campus

Official Transcripts

Official transcripts cost $9.00 each. The easiest way to request a transcript is by ordering it online through WebAdvisor or directly through the Parchment system. Official transcripts may be ordered in person, by mail, fax, or online. We cannot accept transcript request forms by email.

You can request the transcript by going through your WebAdvisor account and selecting “Online Transcript Request” under academic profile. If you do not have access to WebAdvisor, you can also sign up for an account directly through Parchment and submit your request through the following link:


If you are not able to use the online system or need to submit payment by cash or check rather than credit card, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 605-256-5154 or

Transcript request details 

Official transcripts include all of your courses taken at any South Dakota Board of Regents institution, both undergraduate and graduate, as well as degrees awarded and honors received. Courses transferred from other institutions may appear on your transcript, depending on timeframe and level.

Please note that the six South Dakota state universities have a combined database and a request sent to one university will generate a transcript from each South Dakota state university you attended. Please indicate if you have course work prior to 1990.

We will not be able to issue an official transcript if you have a hold on your record due to unsettled obligations with the University. If you think you might have an unresolved hold from any office at DSU you can call the Office of the Registrar at (605) 256-5154, so that we can check your account. If you have a hold, you will need to contact the appropriate office to resolve your hold before submitting your transcript request.

Transcripts requested online require payment via credit/debit card. In-person requests must be paid at the time of the request in the form of cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card.

Unofficial transcripts

Students with access to WebAdvisor can print an unofficial copy of their transcript by clicking on “Unofficial Transcript/Course History” on the Student menu under Academic Profile.

*Please note that copies of test scores (for example, TOEFEL, GRE, ACT, SAT, GMAT, etc.) or transcripts of academic work from other institutions will not be provided with your unofficial transcript. You must contact the original institution.

Contact Info

Registrar's Office
(605) 256-5154