About Zimmermann Hall
Zimmermann Hall was built in 1964 and named after a prominent Madison family.
Zimmermann Hall houses FYRE, First Year Residence Experience, students as well as first-time college students. It is the only hall that isn’t co-ed, housing exclusively male students. It is located on the northeast section of campus.
Each hall on campus is a little different, but there are common things that you can anticipate from each hall.
- Floor lobbies with televisions,
- Vending machines,
- Laundry facilities (coin or university card operated)
DSU varies from style of rooms, either living in a single or double room, carpet or tile, you will always find:
- Network-ready for computer usage. The entire hall is wireless.
- Cable and Internet are provided as part of a payment of the per semester housing fee.
- 1 extra long twin size bed per person/room.
- 1 desk and chair per person/room.
- Open closets with Chest of 4 drawers (two per resident)
- Connected to the Trojan Center