Dakota State University students walking around campus

Preparation + opportunity = success

That's the DSU equation. We're a four-year university with nationally recognized programs, cutting-edge facilities, and the brightest thinkers. But we're also a tight-knit, inclusive community. Small class sizes mean hands-on training and individualized attention. All this with an affordable, public school price that's among the best values in the region.

Majors & Degrees


Official transcripts cost $9.00 each. The preferred method to request a transcript is by ordering it online directly through the Parchment system.

You can sign up for a Parchment account and request your official transcript through the following link: (you will create an account using non-DSU credentials)


Parchment Account Guide 

If you are not able to use the online system or need to submit payment by cash or check rather than a credit card, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Registrar’s Office at (605) 256-5144 or DSU-registrar@dsu.edu.

Official transcript request details 

Official transcripts include all of your courses taken at any South Dakota Board of Regents institution, both undergraduate and graduate, as well as degrees awarded and honors received. Depending on the timeframe and level, courses transferred from other institutions may appear on your transcript.

Note that the six South Dakota state universities, Black Hills State University, Dakota State University, Northern State University, South Dakota School of Mines, South Dakota State University, and the University of South Dakota, have a combined database and a request sent to one university will generate a transcript from each South Dakota Board of Regents university you attended.

We will not be able to issue an official transcript if you have a hold on your record due to unsettled obligations with the University. If you think you might have an unresolved hold at DSU you can call the Registrar's Office at (605) 256-5144 or DSU-registrar@dsu.edu, so that we can check your account. If you have a hold, you will need to contact the appropriate office to resolve your hold before submitting your transcript request.

Transcripts requested online require payment via credit/debit card. In-person requests must be paid at the time of the request in cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card.

Unofficial transcripts

Students with access to Banner Self-Service can print an unofficial copy of their transcript by
following the steps in this article.

If you no longer have access to your DSU account, we recommend you request an official transcript and send a copy to yourself to save for your files.

 *Please note that copies of test scores (for example, TOEFEL, GRE, ACT, SAT, GMAT, etc.) will not be provided with your unofficial transcript. You must contact the original institution.

Frequently Asked Questions

If you took high school dual credit through DSU or any other SD Board of Regents school, you would need to request an official transcript be sent directly to that other university through Parchment. You will only need to request one transcript be sent if you took classes from multiple SD Board of Regents schools.

You will need to work directly with the office that placed the transcript hold to resolve the hold. If you have an outstanding balance with the University or any other SD Board of Regents school, you will need to contact the Cashier’s office to make payment arrangements.

If you receive an email from Parchment indicating your order is on hold due to records research after submitting a transcript, no further action is needed on your end. The Registrar’s Office will be notified of the transcript request and will release the hold once your academic history has been reviewed.

Students who attended DSU for a graduate-level workshop can view special instructions on how to access their account here.

If you are seeking admission to an undergraduate program, you can request your official transcripts be sent to Admissions@dsu.edu or DSU Office of Admission, 820 N Washington Ave, Madison, SD 57042.

If you are seeking admission to a graduate program, you can request your official transcripts be sent to gradoffice@dsu.edu or DSU Graduate Office, 820 N Washington Ave, Madison, SD 57042.

If you are having Parchment specific issues, we recommend you contact Parchment directly. You can reach Parchment via live chat here. Else, contact the SD Board of Regents Enrollment Service Center via email at esctranscript@sdbor.edu or by phone at (605) 658-6160.

In most cases, once a transcript is issued to the student, it is no longer considered official. If you would like a copy for your own records to be used for unofficial business, sending a transcript to yourself will suffice. If a third party is asking for an official transcript, you must choose to send your transcript directly to that third party either electronically or via mail.

Contact Info

Registrar's Office
(605) 256-5144