In the College of Arts and Sciences, we teach you how to use technology for a better life.
We may teach traditional topics, such as biology, history, geography, art, design, literature and music, but we use 21st century methods to do so. We also know that the technology today, will be old news by the time you graduate. So we teach you how to stay ahead and adapt to changes in your field. You’ll be able to not only navigate the future, but help create it.
We are here to do more than get you ready for your first job, we are here to get you ready for life.
- Biology (BS)
- Biology Education (BSE)
- Computer Game Design (BS)
- Cyber Leadership and Intelligence (BS)
- Digital Arts and Design: Audio Production (BS)
- Digital Arts and Design: Computer Graphics (BS)
- Digital Arts and Design: Film and Cinematic Arts (BS)
- Digital Arts and Design: Production Animation (BS)
- English Education (BSE)
- English for New Media (BS)
- General Studies (BGS)
- Mathematics Education (BSE)
- Mathematics for Information Systems (BS)
- Physical Science (BS)
- Respiratory Care (BS)
- English for New Media Certificate
- IS Management: Digital Photography Certificate
- IS Management: Multimedia Certificate
- IS Management: Multimedia Design and Production Certificate
- IS Management: Website Design and Development Certificate
- Professional and Technical Communication Certificate
Dr. Benjamin F. Jones grew up in Sioux Falls and De Smet, SD. He earned his Ph.D in History from the University of Kansas and served in the US Air Force for 23 years in assignments around the world, including teaching history at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO. In 2013, he became the third dean in the history of the College of Arts and Sciences. His book, Eisenhower’s Guerrillas: The Jedburghs, the Maquis and the Liberation of France was released spring 2016 by the University of Oxford Press.
General Beadle Honors Program
Sharpen your intellect, surround yourself with bright minds, and engage in close academic relationships with faculty in the General Beadle Honors Program. Available for any major, in any college.
Center of Excellence in Computer Information Systems
You want to be a leader in all things technology. You are also looking at a business, education or science career. Our Center of Excellence in Computer Information Systems is a minor for anyone, in any degree program, who wants to be a tech expert their in field.
Congratulations to all of our outstanding students.Read More
Food drive held in conjunction with eventRead More
Science major is DSU’s second scholar in two yearsRead More
Dakota State University students Sam Beinlich and Kennedi Ford have been selected to give presentations at the 2018 Forum on Digital Humanities at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln on April 13, 2018.Read More
‘36 Hours in Madison’ mimics New York Times seriesRead More